Power wheels have been one of the most in demand, if not the favorite, of kids, especially boys. It remains to be considered as a realistic toy as kids are not simply given the chance to play with but also somewhat experience driving his own car, which is of course a smaller, safer version. We can say that this is the “all-in-one” toy as it provides several fun experiences for the kids – choosing your own style and color of car, calling it your own, driving around the park and malls. This advanced being that fun to play with is an instant request that kids ask from their parents at first glance. Parents, especially Moms, being their usual, natural paranoid self, will always be initially hesitant in buying such toy. But tell me – how can one simply say no to a child begging to have one? Undeniably as well, it really is quite a cool toy to give as a surprise to your kid, yes?
Best Power Wheels
Moms – do not worry as we aim to guide you in choosing the best power wheels. It all starts with having some background of this very popular toy. It helps to go through the important considerations as these will lead you to the best and most practical buy for your child:
1. Age Appropriate- Before even considering any other feature, first evaluate and understand if the power wheels that you are buying is already applicable and fit for the usage of your child. Take a good look at the suggested age group for your desired type and decide from there. Ideally, and depending on speed, the power wheels is best for kids of 3 years and up. Types vary and some are actually specifically made for toddlers, while others are for the bigger ones; explore the features of each.
2. Type – Upon assuring that the toy will be appropriate for your child, the next important thing to do is to consider which type is the best. There are two main types to choose from: the self-powered or the battery-powered type. Each goes with pros and cons. Self-powered type may appear to be safer as it can easily be controlled, especially in the aspect of speed. However, if your child still finds it difficult to manually paddle or push on the controls, then such type could actually be disadvantageous and unsafe for them, entailing risks of wobbling or tipping over. Battery-powered type, in contrary, enables a more advanced usage. It could be easier to control. Keep in mind though that this involves the need for battery charging, and if you happen to end up with a not so good option, there might also be a need to spend for battery replacement.
3. Durability – Parts and overall material can easily affect the durability of the power wheels. Carefully evaluate – if the toy seems to be made up of several moving parts, then think twice in buying it. Why? Well, there is a high risk that these parts will slowly or even quickly separate from each other over time or after several, consecutive usage. This could then be unsafe for your child as he might be using the car at the time that such separation will happen. Another thing – always look into the main material that it was made up from. Often than not, it is made up of plastic, but remember, there are a lot of types. Find out which type and evaluate its quality.
4. Style and Capacity – Available in 3 wheels or 4 wheels, your child will surely have his own preference; let him appreciate and decide with you. It is always best to choose a classy yet cool style but still based on your child’s desire, as he will surely call it his own. In the aspect of capacity, it will really depend on the number of children who will be using the power wheels as it is most often available in two capacity types (one seat and two seats). For a start and for Moms with two children, it is always more practical to initially buy a two-seater. Make them appreciate and enjoy the power wheels together and learn to share and take turns. When the time is right and budget is ready, then decide on whether or not to buy another one. Also, capacity is also varying when we talk about storage. These cars often go with storage bags, tanks, baskets, which also vary. It helps to think about the things that your kids would consider bringing during his drive – will it be additional toys to play? How big will the toys be? Or do you prefer having a storage for necessities like water for the child or extra clothes?
5. Ease of Use – Sometimes, we are deceived by the advanced features of these cars. It is fine as long as we keep in mind that our child is only able to do much for now. Consider the capabilities of your child and buy one that will allow him to maximize those; do not pressure him to learn the advanced operations. It is better to buy something that is toddler-friendly and making the most out of it than buying something that is very complicated to operate and waste your money as he will not be able to use and enjoy it; be practical and reasonable too.
6. Warranty – Always be practical and choose the product with the longest, reasonable warranty. Keep in mind that good features can easily be presented but only rightly proved when used. Sometimes, the features are simply great but when actually used present the opposite. Now, if you don’t want to waste money, and nonetheless, ensure your child’s safety, then never neglect the warranty arrangements. It is recommended to get hold of the manufacturer’s details too, in case of any production / manufacturing problems.
7. Cost – Last but definitely not the least, find one that presents the most reasonable price. Now that you have an idea of the important considerations, it should then be easier for you to evaluate the offered cost. If you are assured of good quality, spending much should not be a problem. Remember that the investment will be worth it as you will get the best returns – enjoyment and safety of your child.
Going deeper than the physical is the best tool in making any decision for your child. In buying the power wheels, also consider the long-term lessons that your child will gain.
When buying your children’s toys, it is a must to think about these things too. Let us go through some –
1. Sense of responsibility – With your guidance and constant reminder, your child will be reminded of the importance of not only taking good care of his own car but being cautious of all the decisions that he will make just by through using it. This is in fact a long-term benefit as the child, at a young age, becomes somewhat independent and learns to be responsible. 2. Appreciation for Sports and Exercise – Through operating and driving the car, your child is already minimally exercising, which is actually good for his health. Through the involved activities as well, the child could start having the interest in joining and learning related sports. Admit it or not, we all want our children to be active in extra-curricular activities. 3. Appreciation of the Environment and Socialize – Due to being able to use and even drive the car outdoors, it will enable to the child to be more exposed to the environment and appreciate his surroundings. He will, sooner or later, as well learn to interact as he will be meeting friends from the neighborhood, therefore making him more confident and outgoing.
Now, if you have all these in mind, it is time to make the find the best options. Amazon.com offers options varying in types, prices, and features:
Table of Contents
1. Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor with Trailer
What to expect: Latest price at under 300 dollars and inclusive of free shipping, this type presents you with 2 speeds plus a reverse option (2 ¼ & 4 ½ mph), accelerator pedal that goes with automatic breaks, farm tractor wheels that enable it to work on varying types of ground (grass, dirt, gravel or pavement), extra-large stake-side trailer, and adjustable seat with flip-up armrest.
2. Fisher-Price Power Wheels Green Dune Racer
What to expect: Undeniably designed for outdoor use, this type enables you to go on all kinds of surfaces (hard, wet grass, rough terrain); it is actually referred to as the off-road vehicle. Some other features involve the ability to drive 2.5 and 5 mph forward and 2.5 mph in reverse, metal sidebars for hand support, efficient power lock brake system, and a 12-volt battery and charger.
3. Power Wheels Thomas the Train Thomas with Track
What to expect: Made for the younger ones, this type is known for its fun style and Thomas phrases and sounds and toddler – friendly features. It is easily operated through its automatic stop and go push buttons. Best for both outdoor and indoor use, it allows up to 1 mph speed on track and up to 2 mph off track. Enjoy as well its 6-volt battery and charger.
4. Power Wheels Disney Frozen Jeep Wrangler
What to expect: Presenting a realistic jeep wrangler style, this type caters the interest of the girls. She will surely enjoy the featured Disney Frozen colors and graphics and the ability to realistically open & close the doors. Some other features are its 12-volt battery and charger and roomy rear storage area.
What to expect: Available at a very reasonable price, this type is known for its sporty ATV styling, which is best for any toddler. Features include the easy push-button operation, comfortable footrests, 6-volt battery, and maximum speed of 2 mph. It is definitely sturdy and promotes a safe ride for toddlers.
Going through the above-mentioned options, I believe that the best power wheels for kids is the Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor with Trailer mainly because it presents the best features, successfully defending its price. It is definitely best for children as it allows them to enjoy in a unique and safe. Also, as compared to the other presented options, this appears to have the most admirable features and least problems; it is always helpful to get feedbacks from real users. Nonetheless, the other options are good enough. It is really up to deciding based on preference and safety. But if all goes together, then go for that buy!